Ajay Devgn, Tabu and Rakul Preet Singh starrer De De Pyaar De complete a year . The movie has given us endless waves of laughter, soulful songs and a whole lot of memorable performances by the lead stars and the strong supporting cast.
Directed by debutant Akiv Ali, the rom-com was written by Luv Ranjan and presented by Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series, Krishan Kumar, Luv Ranjan and Ankur Garg.
Today, on the occasion of the film completing a memorable year, let’s revisit the movie and look at the five moments that were loved by everyone:
1. The glimpse of the evergreen Singham: The scene that starred Ajay Devgn and Rakul Preet Singh, showed their characters Ashish and Ayesha going to dinner when they get cornered by three goons who try to mug them. Ashish who calmly hands over his belonging get angry showing a hint of everyone’s beloved Singham when one of the goon tries harassing Ayesha. With Singham’s track in the background and Devgn’s eyes that express anger, this scene became one of the favourite moments from the movie for the audience.
2. When Ashish introduces Ayesha to his family: One of the most hilarious scenes was the awkward meeting when Ashish introduces Ayesha to his family during the crucial pre-interval plot twist. After convincing Ayesha to meet his family, Ashish takes her back to India, where she meets with his grown-up kids, estranged wife Manju, played by Tabu, and parents. He then shocks Ayesha by introducing her as his secretary instead of his girlfriend, setting the theme for the forthcoming comedic chaos that forged the second half.
3. Bringing back the ‘90s Jodi: One of the cutest moments in De De Pyaar De was when Ayesha dreams of Ashish and Manju romancing to the iconic ‘90s song ‘Raah Mein Unse Mulaqat Ho Gayi’ from the movie Vijaypath (1994). While Devgn and Tabu have starred in a lot of films together, Vijaypath was one of the most memorable ones and this song made it even more special. Seeing the two talented actors hilariously romancing each other on-screen with a plate of daal parathas between them not only gave us many laughs but took us down the sweet old memory lane.
4. Ayesha and Manju’s sneaky banter over their relationships with Ashish: This scene won the hearts of many as Ayesha and Manju get into a playful banter over the benefits and losses of driving new and old cars while on a drive with Ashish. The viewer watching the scene had a gala time enjoying the snarky, veiled comments which were more about their relationship with Ashish than the car. The scene captures the beliefs of two women from different generations especially since it was played with such panache by the two.
5. The comical return of the ex-boyfriend: Sunny Singh makes a riotous cameo as Ayesha’s needy ex-boyfriend who creates bad raps to prove his love. The scene is ridiculously funny as Ayesha rebuffs his chip behaviour and Ashish smartly manipulates Sunny, who is naive and oblivious to the love between him and Ayesha, to leave them alone while the latter continues to call him uncle. The sequence got quite a few laughs from the audience.
Kudos to the De De Pyaar De team for this memorable movie completing a year